How to get into Army
The Indian Army is one of the three armies of India. Getting a job in the Indian army is the dream of the youth of India. The Indian Army is the largest and most important part of the Indian Armed forces. It is one of the most prestigious and respected careers in the country.
The main motto of the Indian army is
“Sewa Paramo Dharma”.
How to get into Army
Know how you can become an Indian army officer and get that uniform, which is no less than an honor to wear.
There are three main ways to join the Indian Army:
- NDA exam (National defense academy).
- TES entry (Entry technical scheme).
- Indian army rally.
1. National defense academy exam (NDA) :
If you have a dream to join an Indian army after the 12th, then you can give NDA exam. 12th appearing students are also eligible to give this exam. The candidate who clears this exam can join the Indian army in the officer category. Its training is done in the academy located in Pune.
It is necessary to pass out from any stream. For the army, a graduation degree in arts and science is also available in this. There is no limitation on marks. The selection process through the NDA exam takes place in three stages. They are as follows:
- The first stage is the written test. (The candidate who has cleared the first stage i.e written test, is called for 2nd stage.
- The second stage is the SSB interview. (As the candidate passes both the stages then the candidate is applying for the 3rd stage)
- The third stage is physical eligibility. In this third stage, the physical ability of the candidate who has passed both stages is checked. This selected candidate is trained for three years at the National defense academy. After this candidate is sent to the Indian military academy, for 1-year of training. After this, you can join.
Let’s see the pattern (format) of this exam:
- The exam is conducted twice a year, and the mode of the exam is offline.
- The exam will be conducted in two papers, The first paper will be on mathematics (300 marks) and the second paper will be on a general ability test (600 marks). The question paper consists of objective type questions only
- Duration of exam – Each paper will be of two hours 30 minutes of each paper,i.e 5 hours for both papers.
- Question paper is set in both the languages Hind, and English.
- There is a negative marking 33% of the marks that are assigned to the question will be deducted for each wrong answer.
2. TES entry:
If you are a citizen of India then only, you are applicable for this exam. If the candidate belongs of Indian origin and the candidate is migrated from the countries like Burma, Pakistan, Shri Lanka, East Africa Etc. If the candidate has an intention to settle permanently in India then only, the candidate is applying for the exam.
If the age of the candidate is between (16 years and 6 months to 19 years and 6 months) then the candidate is applicable to give the exam.
The candidate who has passed with 10+2 and has a minimum aggregate of 70% in the subjects like (Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics) are eligible for this exam. If a candidate wants to appear for this exam then, Then it is mandatory to appear for Jee Mains exam. If we talk about the physical standards, Then the candidate must be mentally and physically fit. There should not be any kind of mental breakdown. The height, chest expansion, hearing power, Eyesight, and many other things will be checked.
The paper consists of 50 questions and the total paper is 200 marks. Those who cleared this paper will appear for the SSB round. Once the exam is completed. According, to the cutoff candidates, are shortlisted. After this, the candidates who are selected will receive a via mail or SMS for the SSB round. The duration of this round is for 5 days And candidates have to go through a psychological test, group discussion around, and then an interview. And the candidates who cleared this round will proceed for training. The training consists of 5 years i.e 1 year (Basic military training) and 4 years(Technical training).
Preparation tips to crack the exams:
- Before starting your exam preparation students should check, the complete syllabus and exam pattern of the Exam.
- Make a perfect plan and routine to clear this exam and also follow it strictly.
- Students should make handwritten notes and go through the notes.
- Attempt a mock test, to analyze your exam preparation.
- Solve previous year’s papers and sample papers.
These were all about the NDA exam and TES entry exam. And there are many other exams like Indian army rally etc, through which you can get into the Indian Army.
In this way, you can get into the Indian army. Even after graduation, you have the option of joining the army. Such candidates whose age is between 19 years to 24 years and who have completed their graduation can apply for the Indian Army.
Hope this article will be helpful and useful for you! If you are really dedicated to this field, just go through it.
FAQ About How to Join the Indian Army
Ans: Yes, first you need to apply for a tradesman post or soldier GD post.
Ans: 157cm height required to join the army and for women 152cm height required to join the army.
Ans: In 10th you must pass with a 45% aggregate.
Ans: No, they can’t first they need to complete their graduation in engineering or physics, mathematics, etc. After that, they can join the Indian Army.