How to become a pilot
If you want to become a pilot, there are two roots civil aviation (commercial pilot/non-military aviation) and Indian Defence Forces (air force), In commercial pilots, mayfly charter flights or those used for crop dusting, rescue purposes, and crop dusting. there are many types of aircraft that pilots may fly including helicopters, balloons, and airplanes. In Defence Forces, you get to serve your nation.
How to become a pilot? Pilot career guide
Eligibility for Pilot
Types of Pilot
- Commercial Pilot
- Fighter Pilot
- Charter Pilot
- Airline Pilot
- Join a fly School
If you want to become a commercial pilot then you have to join training or flying school. Search for flying schools around your city or country. check their fees, criteria, experience, and duration. Some training school provides flight training with classroom lectures.
Clear Entrance Exam and Medical Test
The most important thing to fly planes on International and national routes you have a commercial pilot license. As I mentioned above SPL and CPL certificates are not required for commercial flying.
It is very important to physically fit yourself. There are some medical tests by Govt. of India. Getting admission to Flying schools in India, When you join a flying school in India you have to give an entrance test and physical fitness criteria this is the toughest part of the job.
Only a perfect physical person can get admission to flying school. The fees of the courses offered by the flying school are very high ranging from 15 lacs to 20 lacs. Some banks provide loans up to 50% for joining these schools.
It is necessary to clear the class 2 medical of DGCA
- Clear the exams
- Fly at least 200 hours
- Join an aviation institute
- Get the CPL certificate
Here is the list of some top flying schools in India
- Madhya Pradesh Flying Club
- Assam Flying Club, Guwahati Airport, Guvahati
- Flying Training Institute, Behala, Calcutta
- Government Flying Club, Aerodrome, Lucknow
- State Civil Aviation, UP Govt Flying Training Center Kanpur and Varanasi
- Indira Gandhi Rashtriya Uran Akademi, Uttar Pradesh
- Bihar Flying Institute, Civil Aerodrome, Patna, Bihar
- Government Aviation Training Institute, Civil Aerodrome, Bhubaneswar
- Karnal Aviation Club, Kunjpura Road, Karnal, Haryana
- Andra Pradesh Flying Club Hyderabad Airport, Hyderabad
- Govt Flying Training School Jakkur Aerodrome, Bangalore
- Rajasthan State Flying School, Sanganer Airport, Jaipur
Skills Required for Pilot
Students must have the following skills other than academic knowledge
- Good communication skills
- Situational and environmental awareness
- Strong technical skills
- Striving Continually for excellence
- The highly focused and disciplined personality
- Good sense of teamwork
- Mental stability and physical fitness
- Inherent or learned leadership quality
- High-level flexibility
- Critical thinking and decision-making
Earn a Pilot’s License
In the first step, the student must have completed a required number of hours of flight experience, a physical test.CAA license is compulsary. The salary of the pilot in India is 1.5 to 2 Lakhs monthly.
FAQ about How to become a pilot
Step 1:pursue bachelor’s degree
step 2: get a flying experience
step 3: Earn a pilot license
step 4: complete additional training and test
step 5: advanced as an airline pilot
Ans: your age must be 17 years required and the course duration is 1 to 3 years.
Ans: The science stream is best for this career and physics, chemistry, and mathematics are the compulsory subject required.
Ans: The pilot has a 3,90,650 salary per month.
Ans: Man Mohan Singh was the first pilot of India.